Opportunities to get involved include:
- TORCH Team members
- Financial supporters/donors
- College/career possibility workshop leaders
- Assistance with college applications or financial aid forms
- After school center volunteers
Thank you for your interest in volunteering. Here are the 3 steps you need to begin the process:
1. Complete Volunteer Forms: Background Check & Confidentiality Acknowledgement
2. Click this link to complete the Volunteer Questionnaire and then contact a Volunteer Coordinator.
3. Complete Online Volunteer Training.
Background Check & Confidentiality Acknowledgement – All volunteers are required to sign a Confidentiality Acknowledgement and an Informed Consent granting permission for the District to conduct a criminal background check. You may download a copy to complete by clicking on this link for an English version or by clicking here for a Spanish version. You can also pick up a copy in the main office of any Northfield school building. Once you have completed the form, you can drop it back off at the main office at any Northfield School.
Volunteer Opportunities – To learn about specific volunteer opportunities or if you have questions, please contact one of the Volunteer Coordinators.
Online Volunteer Training – Our Volunteer Training mini-course covers the basics of volunteering with Northfield students. The Schoology-based course includes a brief volunteer questionnaire, 3 short training videos and 3 short quizzes. Completing the entire training should take less than 30 minutes. You may start and stop as you wish; just be sure you know where you left off. All volunteers are expected to have completed the entire training before their 3rd session of volunteering in our schools. Instructions for how to get started are listed below.
How to Complete Volunteer Training
1. Click here to go to Schoology.com
2. If you’ve used Schoology before, login the usual way. If you’ve never used Schoology, don’t worry! Setting up an account is quick, easy and free. To sign up, click the “Sign up” button in the top-right corner. Click “Instructor” for account type. Next, enter in the information required to make your account.
3. Once in Schoology, go to the “Courses” tab in the top navigation bar and select “Join”.
4. Enter CM4TB-TFJHV as the access code.
5. You’ve now joined the “Volunteer Training” class! On the class page for “Volunteer Training” click the “Materials” section on the left navigation bar.
6. Enter the “Module 1″ folder located on the center of the screen by clicking on the folder. Watch the video located in the folder called “Module 1 video”.
7. After watching the video, complete the “Module 1 quiz” which is located in the “Materials” section of the Volunteer Training class. Simply click on the quiz called “Module 1 quiz” to get started.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 for modules 2 and 3.
Stuck? Click here for a step-by-step instructional video.